there was a time, almost a decade ago, when i finally decided to meet this guy for lunch on a saturday afternoon, somewhere in bugis.

call it serendipity.

we were actually acquainted some seven years before that, but being the vacuous youths that we were then, well, we never hit it off. only seven years later, when our paths converged again, that we discovered we had, in fact, many things in common, uncannily enough.

among them being, our taste in music. needless to say, idle moments were spent sharing earphones plugged to a discman. (you know, from the dinosaur age before mp3 and ipods.)

he used to burn copies of cds for me, and in return, i made him a compilation for his birthday in 2000. wow, was that eight years ago?? :D

cd1

so, what’s on it, then? erm, i’m afraid i can’t exactly explain all my choices here – he’d know the context and meanings best. i think. :p

1. soundtrack 4 2 lovers – mansun
2. ultraviolet (light my way) – U2
3. funny thing – travis
4. morning song – jewel
5. you & me song – the wannadies
6. with or without you (live version) – U2
[like, hello! mega bono fan here, of course. ha ha.]
7. hummer – smashing pumpkins
8. my dark star – suede
9. black star – radiohead
10. i want you – third eye blind
11. ice-cream – sarah mclachlan
12. all i want is you – U2
[we love 'reality bites'. period.]
13. what’s my age again? – blink182
[this was, after all, a 23rd birthday compilation! ;)]

of course, if we were to make a new compilation now, there’d be a whole LOT more songs we’d have to squeeze in. like our wedding song. (don’t laugh – it was a norah jones, lol!) heck, we’d even have to include our kids’ favourite songs as well. (as it is, aniq already has a few hot picks!)

and seeing how izadnhana intend to stick till-death-do-us-part together, you can say, the list would be infinite.

speaking of which, we’re pretty psyched to watch this movie, opening on 11 dec – nick & norah’s infinite playlist. it’s got michael cera, who also starred in juno (he’s grown so much since arrested development), and promises to be the kind of teen romance you wouldn’t find in, say… hmmm, high school musical? lol!

watch out for it…

nick & norah's infinite playlist
Movie opening 11th Dec!

14 Responses to “izadnhana’s infinite playlist”
  1. Rin says:

awwww. so sweet seh, esp the stick till-death-do-us-part together. :)
    and oohh, i love ice-cream by s.mclachlan! :)

2. TwinKz says:

* And it’s always u & me always & forever..da..dada..dada..dada *

but my fave from your list is “all i want is U”!!!

wahhh super emo! Makes me wanna run & hug Naz man!!!

3. hana says:

lol! lomantik is it?? :p

RiN, sarah mclachlan always reminds me of felicity, the soundtrack…

4. TwinKz says:

ya lor! sumore Naz super emo today also.

after seeing the poor Michael Puhaindran. teros member SMS me awu2 this morning! LOL!!!

5. is says:

reality bites was like the movie of our generation, and winona ryder was venus in blue jeans!
    n hmmm…faizal n me dont really have a shared playlist…half the things he listen, i am not too fond of :(
    or maybe i am now more intuned to kiddie songs n lullabies. lagu mesti happy-happy lalala type..

6. Nana Sontoloyo says:

Hello there Hana. Let me guess.. you won too?? Congrats!!! AND, see you tmrw. ;) I think you might not remember me. OR do you? LOL! Berry Butter Cake~~~~~~~ *raise eyebrows*

7. hana says:

hey! yep, we won! hope to see you tmoro… ;)

is, venus in blue jeans is spot on, lol! izad’s idol! i think you look a little like winona ryder when you had short hair tau. you got a black casio watch too? :)
    and yaah, now the songs that stick in our heads are more like ‘hot dog hot dog hot diggity dogggg’ (playhouse disney, lol!)

farah, i cannot take it lah, tgk gambar-gambar kat newspapers, so sedih hor… the poor husband. :(((

8. is says:

ooh..that was a long time ago! and i dun have any photo evidence..hahah.. n have lost e watch :S

9. hana says:

if we ever feel like doing a lelaina again, mustaffa has plenty of cheap black casio watches.. ;)

10. Sheila says:

Hi Kak Hana! I saw you & Hubby yesterday night & my.. i have to say that you don’t look like a mother of 2, lei! So petite, so pretty! I wouldn’t have known you’re married if i don’t chance upon your blog.

11. hana says:

hi sheila! thank you for making my day… lol! did you enjoy the show? :)

12. Sheila says:

Yes i did… there’s so many similarities in my current life & e show… how about u?

13. hana says:

it’s just the kind of semi-fluff movie that i like! :D

14. adam & aeva says:

mine is a cassette & walkman…vintage kan..
    both of us dig on nirvana,metallica & U2 of course :)

15.